At the JKS North Shore Karate club we operate under the Japan Karate Shoto- Federation (JKS) Shotokan style of Karate. We train with traditional methods to develop and create an effective martial art, emphasizing speed, strength, power and a range of techniques for every part of one’s body.
Purpose - As training goes on and you progress, you will reap the following benefits:
- Build self esteem and self-control
- Be healthier in body, mind and spirit
- Be more confident
- Learn effective techniques
- Learn discipline
- Learn how to avoid getting involved in physical confrontations
- Be less likely to abuse alcohol, smoke, or take drugs
- Be more respectful towards yourself and others
- Be regarded as a role model
- Keep in shape while having fun
The JKS North Shore karate club aims to provide the highest and most advanced level of progressive Shotokan Karate training that can be found in New Zealand.
We strive to be professional, respectful to all members, under the guidance of an internationally recognised and certified organisation. We offer world class and recognised tuition, certification programs, tournaments and examinations that benefit both students and instructors alike.